We know that deploying cloud technology on its own is not enough. Success relies on aligning the technical delivery with all aspects of the business. The technology is, relatively speaking, the easy part. It’s the associated transformation that is equally as critical to success as it is difficult to achieve.
- THE CUSTOMER GAP – What is ‘success’ in the eyes of your customer? What gaps exist between current service and desired service?
- BUSINESS STRATEGY – What are the business goals, i.e. expansion, cost reduction, market position, services to offer, and how does technology align?
- PEOPLE – What is the existing capacity, capability and maturity? Does the culture support the transformation?
- PROCESS – How do the existing processes enable or constrain the adoption of cloud technology and a services orientated operating model?
- TECHNOLOGY – Infrastructure, platform, architecture, services, storage and applications. What works, what doesn’t, what needs improvement? What real opportunities exist for cloud technology?
- COST BENEFIT – What is the investment and what are the benefits? How will it be measured? What financial controls are required?